Civil Rights Movement
A young(er) Ms. Winokur with Bernard Layfette Jr. one of the co-founders of SNCC (Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee)
1. Did the “Great Society” programs fulfill their promises?
2. Does Lyndon Johnson deserve to be called the “civil rights president?”
3. To what extent can legislation result in a positive change in racial attitudes?
4. Did the civil rights movement of the 1960s effectively change the nation?
5. Do the ideas of the 1960s still have relevance today?
6. Has the women’s movement for equality in the United States become a reality or remained a dream?
7. Should Affirmative Action programs be used as a means to make up for past injustices?